Landscape Construction Supervisor
Becker Landscape is looking for a hard-working, safety minded upervisor to join our Commercial
Landscape Construction department. Under the direction of the Superintendent,
the supervisor will help oversee the installation the company's commercial landscape
and construction projects.
The Supervisor is responsible for coordinating, implementing, and supervising all phases of landscape installation on assigned projects to assure that effective and efficient efforts produce the desired results. The Supervisor also monitors foremen to insure their duties are carried out to the fullest while developing and maintaining proper communication with/between the Becker Landscape sales staff, the customer, and the production department regarding scheduling, ordering, changes, site conditions, etc. before, during and after the installation of projects.
- Work under the Superintendent to oversee the production of multiple foremen and crews.
- Supervise jobs from start to finish by visiting jobs sites, coordinating job activities and materials.
- Instruct, evaluate, and train employees to perform landscape construction installation and adhere to company policies and safety practices.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other departments to ensure accuracy and efficiency throughout the entire project.
- Attend weekly department meetings.
- Maintain efficiency and Becker quality for every project.
- Lead by example, encourage teamwork, and promote the Becker philosophy.
- Must have 4 years of practical landscape installation experience in the field.
- Must have a 2 or 4 year degree in Horticulture, Landscape Architecture, Construction Management or related field.
Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of landscape installation methods and techniques.
Excellent working knowledge of equipment, tools and labor needed to accomplish work.
In-depth horticulture knowledge.
Must demonstrate strong leadership skills and previous supervisory experience of at least 5 foremen and 30 crew members.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and nonverbal.
Must be able to read and interpret landscape plans and specifications.
Must have 10 hour OSHA training. 30 hour OSHA training is preferable.
Must qualify for the MICCS program, which includes submitting to pre-employment, random, and post-accident drug testing.
Must have a valid Driver's License and be willing to obtain a CDL.
Must be able to lift 50lbs. or more.